The doctors and surgeons of the Bunion Surgery Group of NYC specialize exclusively in the safest bunion removal surgery with the fastest recovery possible. Our bunion surgeons are among the top rated bunion surgeons in NYC and are Board Certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery. Through our efforts, top professional athletes, Tony Award Winning Broadway dancers, and everyday warriors throughout the New York Tri-state area (and the world) are seeking customized bunion removal treatment surgery at the Bunion Surgery Group of NYC.
- Our bunion surgery patients experience the safest, shortest, and least painful bunion surgery recovery possible
- Our bunion surgery specialists are trained in all 44 possible variations of bunion removal surgery
Please note: We accept insurance for bunion removal surgery at our Upper East Side NYC medical practice if we participate with your plan. If we do not participate with your insurance plan, our medical practice is frequently able to obtain pre-authorization from your insurance plan based on the uniqueness of our doctor’s specialty.
We understand that most people are concerned about the way their feet look after bunion surgery and the amount of time to recover from surgery. We are pleased to inform you that we offer minimally invasive bunion surgery techniques (to minimize any post surgical scars and to get you back on your feet as quickly as possible).
I’ve been shopping around to find the best bunion surgeon in NYC. From consult (seriously the most beautiful and high-tech office I have been to in Manhattan) to appointment, to staff (assists in finding out insurance benefits), to pricing and establishing confidence (tons of before and after pictures onsite). I selected Dr. Stuart Mogul as my bunion removal surgeon. ~ ZocDoc
Your bunion removal surgery will be customized to your specific condition and lifestyle. Our surgeon’s expertise and experience enables your doctor to pick the absolute best type of surgery for you.
- State-of-the-art bunion correction / removal techniques
- Most insurances accepted: including out-of-network benefits
- Most insurances reimburse patients for the cost of surgery
- In most cases bunion surgery scars are imperceptible due to minimally invasive techniques
- Your surgery will be performed at our Tier-1 medical facility in NYC
- Enjoy the luxury and benefit of best in class academic medicine in a top rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork
- Our patients experience the safest, shortest, and least painful bunion surgery recovery possible
- Most patients can immediately place weight on their foot after bunion surgery
- 2nd opinions are offered
- Pain control is an essential component in our doctor’s approach – although most patients report little or no need for pain medications
Bunions are the result of ongoing bone deformities of the foot that frequently cause pain, inflammation, irritation and are often aesthetically displeasing. Bunions can only be removed and relieved with surgical bunion correction. Surgical removal of a bunion is called a “bunionectomy”. A bunion is essentially a foot deformity of the great toe joint where the 1st toe drifts towards the lesser toes. Usually, a prominent “bump” forms on the inside of the foot as a consequence of the joint becoming more prominent. This bump tends to be referred to as a “bunion”.
A doctor’s referral is NOT necessary from a general practitioner to see our bunion surgeons for a consultation, 2nd opinion, or for treatment at the Bunion Surgery Group of NYC.
Bunion removal surgeries fall into two major categories (though we perform all 44 types of bunion surgery and customize each bunionectomy to your unique case):
- Head procedures: In a head procedure bunionectomy, the bunion surgeon makes an incision behind the joint and then re-positions the bone into it’s proper position. The doctor then adheres the bone in place with a screw or pin. This bunion surgery is most frequently elected by patients who cannot be immobilized for long periods of time.
- Base procedures: With this bunionectomy surgery the surgeon manipulates the bone near (or behind) the big toe joint. There are many variations of this procedure and the actual surgical procedure performed will be unique to your specific condition. The essential difference with this type bunion surgery as compared to the “head procedure” is that the ligaments inside and outside the toe may also be treated at the same time.
The Bunion Surgery Group of NYC specializes in taking exceptional care of each bunion removal surgery patient from the initial consultation to the post-recovery period. The honor and privilege of caring for our patients comes with the responsibility and dedication of the surgeons and doctor’s staff to the utmost standard of excellence in patient care and final surgical outcome. As best in class, top rated bunion removal surgery specialists, our doctors provide highly personalized and comprehensive care. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a consultation please use the eForm on the right or contact us to get started on the road to recovery.
Bunion Surgery Group of NYC
1111 Park Avenue, Suite 1G
New York, NY 10128
T: (212) 658-1917