Countless bunion surgery patients have consulted with us for a second opinion in regards to (a) if the patient in fact needs bunion removal surgery (b) the best type of bunion surgery for the patient’s unique case. Sometimes our surgeons confirm the initial diagnosis and the necessity for bunion removal surgery and other times our doctors are able to discover another underlying issue or another problem that was missed by the first bunion doctor.
We offer 2nd opinion services for those who have seen other doctors or specialists with regard to their foot problem. This service includes a review of medical records, review of x-rays and a full examination.
“I am happy to report that today I am pain-free”. ~ YELP
After making an appointment for a second opinion with us, please be prepared to bring with you any X-rays or other types of documentation from the foot doctor / foot surgeon that you previously visited.
We offer three options for second opinion consultations:
- NYC in-person examination and evaluation
- Out-of-State telephone / SKYPE / FaceTime consultations
- International second opinion consultations via SKYPE / FaceTime
Typically patients visit us a second opinion for any of the following reasons:
- Your doctor told you too seek out a second opinion to confirm that bunion surgery is the only option for your condition.
- You are uncertain about having foot surgery.
- You are a professional athlete or dancer.
- You want to learn about all of the options you have for your condition.
- You want another doctor’s opinion after a previous operation failed to correct the issue.
- You still have questions or concerns about your current treatment.
- A previous bunion surgery led to additional problems.
- You want to see if bunion surgery can be avoided.
- Your condition doesn’t seem to be improving.
Receiving the correct advice at the right time is absolutely essential in making the speediest possible recovery from bunion surgery.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a consultation please use the eForm on the right or contact us to get started on the road to recovery.
Bunion Surgery Group of NYC
1111 Park Avenue, Suite 1G
New York, NY 10128
T: (212) 658-1917